Problems in pipelines are often caused by the joints. In this area Kiwa Technology has built up vast experience over the years.
For example, we have used our expertise in the area of plastic welding (of PE, PEX, PA, PP etc.) and other jointing techniques for years to support our consultancy regarding research and development projects. We do this with different aims and for different market parties, such as energy companies, water companies, contractors, suppliers, manufacturers and insurance companies.
Common services are:
- Damage analysis, where we determine the cause of failure independently
- Determination of (rest) quality of joints and (rubber) seals (tensile tests, bending tests, long term tests, peel tests, according to any desired (inter)national standard
- Troubleshooting with welds of materials in development
- Assessment of new or unusual welding methods
- Consultancy regarding welding machines, welding parameters and welding procedures
- Development of test methods for welds and mechanical joints
- Market research
In the area of PE welds, Kiwa Training trains and certifies welders for butt fusion and electro-fusion. For more information about training in this area, please sent an e-mail to Fulco Holtrup, Productmanager Energy Distribution, firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore Kiwa Nederland can help you with the quality control of PE welds during the installation of new networks.
Erik van den Brink
tel. +31 55 539 34 89
fax: +31 55 539 32 23